Friday, December 26, 2008

After Christmas

So, it's after Christmas - thank God. I'm beginning to really hate the media, TV and commercials. They sure let you know when your life is shit, don't they? If you don't have the right car, the right clothes, the right family, the right man or woman. Hell, the right damn breakfast! We've become a culture of mindless TV vegetables. And let's not forget the computer! OMG.

What happened to making up your own mind? Why can't we just be allowed to live our lives without being constantly told we're doing it wrong? Why can't a family be two people? Why does a family have to be a mom, a dad, a boy, a girl and a dog?

And the redecorating shows? What's the deal? Is my little apartment with my old, well-used furniture not good enough? Why am I constantly being told by television that my life and everything in it sucks?

Now, of course there is always room for improvement, and I wouldn't mind a little Nate Berkus fixing up my apartment (gay or not - he's gorgeous). And in fact, thanks to What Not To Wear, I did learn how to dress better for my body type! Thank you Stacy and Clinton! But where' the line? Where do we say, yes we can improve, but I'm not that bad just the way I am?

That's where we have to find that part of God that is within ourselves to be able to say, "I'm perfect just the way I am." This is when it's time to start meditating and getting in touch with my Inner Light and my Inner Goddess and bring her out!

Let this year be the year that we say, "We don't all look like Victoria Secret models!!!! And we won't all look like that!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment