Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Potential

Wow - I didn't realize it had been two weeks. Yikes.

So, what's on my mind? Am I living up to my potential? Probably not. Are any of us? I had coffee with a friend recently and I asked what he wanted to do with his life. His answer was "Whatever God wants me to do." And it got me thinking ... what about what YOU want? Do we do the things that WE want in our lives or are we dictated to by society, religion, parents, or whatever?

We have to remember that we make our own reality. There is no one "up there" dictating what we can and can't do with our own lives. There is no one stopping us from living our purpose or following our bliss but US. We all have to find that piece of the Light in us ... that part of God or The Universe that was created right along with us and gives us our power to make our dreams come true.

For example, I want to move to Los Angeles this summer. So, I'm telling the Universe that's what I want. But I'm also going down in a couple of weeks to a job fair. I'm not sitting here wondering if this is "God's will" or not. There's no such thing. It's what I want! I will make it happen. I will find the right job and I will get down there. If this is truly what my heart wants, and I still have to figure out if it is or not, then it will happen. If I decide otherwise, then it won't.

See, we put out vibrations to change our world. Yesterday I felt awful. I was sad and depressed about a life that I thought I could never have. I then wrote in my journal how I WAS going to have the life I want. That I AM healthy, thin, sexy and beautiful; I have all the abundance of life that I could ever dream of; and that I will be loved by the man of my dreams and that he's just waiting for me to find him. It will all happen. There's no man in a flowing white beard sitting on a throne in the Heavens passing judgment or making decisoins for my life. IT'S ALL ABOUT ME MAKING MY LIFE HAPPEN.

Even my favorite actor, Gerard Butler, said about his own life, "What happens is that the universe conspires ... once you make a decision to do something, the universe starts to help you." (Men's Health, Oct. 2008). It's so easy! You make a decision, do the work and the universe helps you make it happen!

You must remember that YOU ARE WORTH IT, YOU DESERVE IT! Too many of us are told or think that we're not good enough, smart enough, strong enough, whatever. Bullshit. When you remember that we are ALL children of God, that we ALL have the light inside of us, that every one of us is a perfect and beautiful creation, then we MUST believe we deserve to make our dremas come true.

I will leave you with my favorite quote from Marianne Williamson, and repeated in Nelson Mandela's inaugural speach:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.



1 comment:

  1. I was brought up with the saying, "The Lord helps those who help themselves". In essence that is what Gerry said as well. You put forth the work and effort and the Lord will give you the spiritual strength to go for it.

    ReplyDelete