Sunday, May 3, 2009

Back to Basics

It's been a long time since I've written. I have been wrapped up in other things that have taken me away from writing, and I have to get back to what I know makes me happy. I was blessed last month to meet some great women writers. Romance writers in fact! I was regenerated with the love of finishing my first novel, Lost in Paradise. I have realized that I have to get back to writing my novel, falling in love with my hero (although a real life hero would be welcomed) and identifying with my heroine.

I am now in the process of re-writing the opening to my story. I'm focusing on my hero ... I know it's unconventional but so am I. LOL I need to focus on writing a little bit everyday, even if it's something small. I can't lose sight of this ... it's my future; my life. I'm not a teacher by nature, but I am a dreamer and it's about time my fantasies did something good for me for a change.

So, I hope to meet more writers and connect better with people who share the love of writing and romance like I do.

Onward ....

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I hope you accomplish your goals! I've set a goal for June 15th to finish my book. It sits at 34k right now. Let's see if we can buckle down and achieve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear you are writing again. I've missed your writing. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete